Bariatric surgery is a difficult decision. MyInformedChoice helps make it easier.
MyInformedChoice is the only comprehensive online educational tool designed specifically for those considering bariatric surgery. Each informational module uses 3D animation, video with narration, and supportive captioning to explain the surgical procedure and postoperative impact. Interactive quiz questions check for understanding of key concepts while a user-friendly design allows easy navigation.
Topics explained in each module include:
• Digestive organs and the normal digestive process
• Preoperative comorbidities
• Surgical procedure and devices
• Postoperative weight loss process
• Short-term complications
• Long-term complications
• Postoperative nutritional needs
• Mental preparedness and postoperative support strategies
MyInformedChoice currently provides informational modules for three bariatric procedures: Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (LAGB), and Sleeve Gastrectomy.
Click below to see a sample from the module
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (LAGB)